It’s Random – It’s Friday – Let’s go!
1. Home. I’m home again. 1458 miles, 3 hotels, and 2 time zones and it’s confirmed ~ I love to go but I love to come home even more :).
2. Sitting in the Detroit airport and bored with my smartphone I ventured into a bookstore where this gem was discovered:
“Quiet” by Susan Cain
With an hour to spare and an hour’s flight, too, I tore through “Quiet” – and found myself nodding in agreement, bookmarking pages, and wishing I had a highlighter with me for all the “aha” quotes found within. Like an earlier post about lessons learned with personality types – it reinforced what I already know. I’m a “situational extrovert” – I can chat it up with family or be on “stage” at a meeting, etc. but I cannot do so without a price. This was a lovely reminder why I crave my quiet Sundays or time in my hotel room after a full day of meetings. Ding! Ding! Ding!
3. My travels took me to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, where two of my employees live and work. Forested and friendly – that’s how I describe the “U.P.” :). Hours in the car gave us meandering conversations, interesting comments and laughter. Lots of laughter. I am so fortunate to have them and told them so.
The leaves are turning up north ~ image from Michigan.org
4. When I woke in my Ironwood hotel, I smiled at the massive luxury coach parked out front. Located in central time meant I was up “with the birds” so I headed on down to the breakfast area. There I found a sea of Minnesota seniors giggling over brunch. My Dad came to mind, and the joy he had meeting new people and hearing their stories.
“So tell me the best part of your trip so far?” I asked. And a flood of delighted answers came my way. I’ve never been on a “Circle Tour” but hearing about their adventures makes me think I ought to.
5. This week saw temps in the 70s, 60s, 50s, 40s and back up to 60s again. It’s official = Fall is here. I found this picture on my phone recently and it made me smile – oh how old dog he loved a nice fall walk! And oh how I miss that sweet old soul.
Frankie-bear resting during a walk; an Emjayandthem (C) photo
So – how was your week? Are you an introvert? Do you love coming home as much as you like going?