It’s Tuesday and it’s Random!! Why not Friday you ask? Well .. I’m leaving (on a jet plane) tomorrow and my head feels like it’s been in the tilt-a-whirl all day so why not? :D Here we go!
1. You know those people who pack everything all sweet and tidy and arrange perfectly coordinated outfits? Really? Please send them my way because that is so not me. I
tried to work worked a half day and then squeezed in a pedicure (massage chair .. ooh, ahh) then raced home and attempted to jam 7 days of casual + wedding + gift opening wear into one suitcase. Plus books for Mom. And pretty soon I found myself working up a sweat. Good grief. And then it hit me:
2. Speaking of Mom, last night I asked her if there was anything I could bring her. Her response? “Just bring yourself.” Such a Mom answer!
3. I had everything at work organized, delegated, situated, you name it-ated. Till this afternoon. My phone blew up, emails were flying and finally, at 5:00, I shut it off. My team is rocking and ready to go and I have no doubt everything will be just fine. Sometimes you have to step away and let people show you what they can do.
4. Rooting around in my dresser reminded me that I like things neat and organized. My closet looks pretty good but the dresser is a disaster. It looks like it barfed out tees, shorts and socks! I read a preview of this book “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing” and it reminded me of a conversation with Hubbs: we’re planning to downsize and, discussing our house and contents, we both agreed there’s not much we’d move. So if we wouldn’t move it, why do we keep it? Hmm.
5. Speaking of work, I informed some corporate folks that I will be off the grid. As in so far off the grid there is no grid. I won’t have cell phone service or broadband. I quipped that, unless I put tinfoil on a cow’s ear, anyone who wanted to reach me should have called … last week.
And with that, I’m off!
Have a great week, peeps! Look around — what can you get rid of? Are you an expert at packing? Ever gone “off the grid?”
*all images from Google.com