It’s Saturday and I’m a day late for 5 random thoughts … here goes!
1. 5 – count ‘em – 5 upper respiratory infections this year – with another landing Tuesday. By 4:30 I was in the Doc’s office, feverish and aching. Today marks 4 days of rest mixed with work, lots of fluids and antibiotics and somehow I still sound like Kermit the Frog. But at least it’s not Christmas Eve! :)
2. Opened a package from my cousin recently and to my delight I found this:
How do you enjoy toffee with 4 temporary crowns? Very, very carefully LOL!
3. A friend found out yesterday that her job ends Jan 2nd – after 34 years of service. She’s 55 and couldn’t be happier. Why? Severance pay & time to spend with her grand kids and sister. There’s planning and then there’s planning meets opportunity. I couldn’t be happier for her, either.
4. 3 days left of work for me this year then some much-needed vacation; I plan to be on the ‘whatever’ schedule for the duration! Whee!
5. Mid-week, huddled under blankets and feeling miserable, Hubbs brought me a package that had arrived in the mail. I unwrapped it, read the little note with it … and cried. Seems my brother and his family were cleaning out an old farm building when they came across 7 sleigh bells on a leather strap — all curled up in a pail. Turns out these were the jingle bells Dad would add to the team’s harnesses at Christmas-time. The sound of all those bells – the crunching of snow beneath draught horses hooves – and our squeals of delight singing, “bells on bobbed-tails ring, making spirits bright, what fun it is to laugh and sing a sleighing song tonight,” – well it was so wonderful to revisit those memories again. The bell is substantial, it fills my palm, and as I hold it I swear Dad is right here with me. One word: Magic.
And how was your week? Care to share your “Random 5″ with me?