The helpful people at WordPress.com put together an annual report for my blog. Nifty-neato .
A few highlights:
- The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 38,000 times in 2011. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 14 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
- In 2011, there were 231 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 320 posts. There were 508 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 180mb. That’s about a picture per day.
- The busiest day of the year was May 3rd with 5,006 views. My most popular post that day was about me blubbering my way through the Royal Wedding in So, did you watch? .
The WordPress helpers also provided me with a neat little summary about my most frequent visitors. Since Dianna at These Days of Mine recently awarded me the “Reader Appreciation Award” for all my comments over at her place, this is perfect time to pass that award along as well.
The Reader Appreciation Award recognizes a blog’s top readers (by the # of comments posted). The yearly summary provided from Word Press made it super easy for me to recognize those kind folks who regularly read my ramblings and care enough to comment.
Here are the rules for this award:
- Award your top 6 bloggers who have commented the most.
- Be thankful. (and I am!)
- You cannot award someone who has already been awarded and also cannot give the award back to me.
- Don’t forget to tell the bloggers you’ve awarded.
- If you don’t want to pass on this award, that’s okay too.
My top 6 commenting friends are as follows:
(We are a chatty bunch aren’t we? And I wouldn’t have it any other way!)
- Sheila at Grace and Life
- Dianna at These Days of Mine
- Leah at Leah’s Thoughts
- Lenore Diane at Lenore Diane’s Thoughts Exactly
- Georgette at Georgette Sullins
- Terri at Into the Mystic
I encourage all readers to visit the blogs listed above; I promise you will be inspired by their talents, insight and warmth. Thank you to all who read and comment; your kindness and support have given me a wonderful gift — the gift of feeling understood.
I continue to be blessed by your grace, good humor and friendship. And if that’s not reason to continue, I don’t know what is.