My blogging friend, Dianna, at These Days of Mine tagged me in this challenge recently. As Dianna said, this one’s a bit long so you might as well make yourself comfy now.
1. Post the rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random facts about you.
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
Since I’ve been blogging since 2010, it was challenging to come up with 11 random things that I haven’t shared before. So here goes nothing!
this is me 28 years ago. Wonder where that red Zebra shirt went?
1) I never wear red. The photo above is an exception as I’m partial to blues and purples.
2) I am a light sleeper and find it hard to sleep in hotels because I hear everything and am afraid of missing the alarm. So, I go to bed extra early to make up for all the hours I don’t sleep at all. Ugh!
3) Not long after I came along, Mom got very sick and I had to go live with her parents in B.C., 2 provinces away. I lived with Nana and Grandpa for a year and didn’t learn of this until I was a parent myself.
That’s me as an infant with my parents, brothers and sisters.
4) I performed a Wheat-ectomy 4 weeks ago; no more joint pain, no more hypoglycemia, -7lbs down, and feeling snazzariffic. For more read http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/
5) I never watch horror movies or anything demonic. Ever.
6) Elvis was my first crush. I might have shared that before. Hee Hee.
Hello, Handsome! google.images.com
7) I grew up at the racetrack. I’ve written about that before, too.
In the Winner’s circle with Mom (front) & Dad (right behind me in green), 1982. That’s our hunky horse trainer, Bill, far right. He was my 2nd, 3rd and 4th crush.
8) I choose listening to music over watching TV every time. I love to sing along and don’t care who’s listening!
9) I once went 2 years without eating candy bars. Didn’t miss them but I could never give up pie.
10) I care less about what someone tells me than what they do.
11) In my heart of hearts, I’m still a farm kid.
getting ready to hit the dusty trail with my cousin Kathy. I’m on Riley, my Arabian/Welsh pony, and she’s riding Queen, cousin Deb’s Pinto/Palomino mix.
Here are the 11 questions Dianna asked:
1) What’s a favorite summertime memory from your childhood? Playing cops & robbers on horseback in the coulees around the farm.
2) You and a close friend have an afternoon to spend together. What are your plans? Have lunch somewhere cozy that allows for plenty of raucous laughter. Maybe on my patio.
3) What dish can you prepare without using a recipe? All of them. I mostly cook from memory and that’s why no two dishes are ever quite the same.
4) What image is on your mouse pad? Family photos
5) Do you have a nickname? MJ but Mom calls me Jeansy.
6) What is your favorite way to exercise? Dancing.
7) Do you play a musical instrument? Yes, piano & guitar
8) Were you named for someone? If so, whom? My middle name is Jean and that’s for Nana Jean
9) What is your favorite type of music? A mix between Classic Rock, Country, Disco and Elvis of course.
10) When is your birthday (month and day)? 6/21 or as Hubbs likes to tease, “the longest darn day of the year!”
11) What’s the closest you’ve ever been to a natural disaster? Do mountains of snow count?
And lastly, my 11 questions for you are below:
1) Coffee or tea?
2) Who mentored you in your career/job?
3) If you could go back in time and right one wrong, what would it be?
4) It’s your birthday and everyone important to you is gathering to celebrate: what type of celebration do you prefer? (large/small, type of food, inside/outside, at home/restaurant, etc)
5) What’s the last book you recommended?
6) Think about your family growing up – what role did you play and do you still? (Organizer, peacemaker, etc).
7) You’ve been given 2 tickets to anywhere … where do you go and who’s going with you?
7) Finish this sentence: I’ve always wanted to ____________. (Please keep your answer P.G., thanks!)
8) What smell makes you think of summertime?
9) What do you wish others knew about you?
10) Do you have a quote that inspires you? (I have many but a favorite is “To thine own self be true.”)
11) What one possession from your childhood do you wish you still had?
The rules didn’t specify how many bloggers to name for this so I’m choosing everyone who reads this post. I know it’s a bit involved but hey – if I can do it, so can you. But, should you find yourself pressed for time, please feel free to choose just a few of my 11 questions to answer. Either way, I’ll be right here, ready to read. Cheers!