Renee over at WritingFeemail gave me a blog award recently and today, I accept (via this post!) Renee is generous and kind, well traveled and lovely. She embodies what this is all about and I’m touched that she feels I do, too. Check out her writings here and thank you, sweet friend, for the honor.
Rules of acceptance:
*thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post - done!
*share 7 things about yourself
*nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire
*contact your chosen bloggers to let them know (this might take me a bit so please bear with me)
I’ve done up a few of these “about me” posts before so I am not sure how many amazing and enthralling facts I have left. To that end, I’ll do my best to share something I haven’t yet before:
1. I once wrote a fan letter to the Bay City Rollers and tucked my sister’s picture in with all my gushiness; she was older and far more sophisticated than the dorky 12 year old doing the writing. I thought her picture would seal the deal and that Woody would write back professing his undying devotion. Surprisingly, I never got an answer.
2. When I went back to the farm last fall, my brother directed me to a box of stuff from my university years. Mixed in with the textbooks, class notes and cassette tapes was something that didn’t surprise me in the least — a photo book on Elvis. He was my first crush and I still think he was the hottest man that ever lived; now that I think of it, I might have mentioned this before … heh heh.
3. I met Donald Trump at NYC’s Plaza Hotel; he was polite and kinda hot. He had a lot of bodyguards.
4. I flew on the corporate jet a couple of times; other than the ease with which we boarded & took off, it was a little over-rated.
5. My sister’s boyfriend landed a two-seater propeller plane on our gravel road and my parents let me go up for a spin. Seeing our farm and all my favorite places from up, up there? Way cooler than the corporate jet, I can tell you that.
6. Two places I’ve visited hold the most appeal for a return visit: Walt Disney World and Washington D.C. You can draw your own parallels … hee hee!
7. It’s my birthday today! I love my birthday ~ always have and I always will . Usually today is the first day of summer, but I learned from Renee that it can change from year to year. Really? Ah, the stuff you learn out here. Regardless, celebrate with me, won’t you? Join Hubbs who affectionately refers to this day as … the longest dang day of the year. HA!
And happy birthday to H.R.H Prince William who turns 30 today. It’s wonderful to know that he’s found joy in his life; when I see a photo like this one, it’s hard to miss the body language of his parents, isn’t it?
And now to 15 bloggers I want to share the love with today — please visit and tell them I sent you on over. Everyone on my blogroll is there because I love their work but I am listing those bloggers that I
know think might enjoy receiving awards. Cheers!
- Sandi at http://flamidwyfe.wordpress.com/
- DM at http://hearttoheart.wordpress.com/
- Guy at http://holyghostbumps.com/
- MJ at http://hotrodcowgirl.com/
- Coop at http://coopernicus.wordpress.com/
- Darla at http://shesamaineiac.com/
- Elyse at http://fiftyfourandahalf.com/
- Adrienne at http://mymemoryart.blogspot.com/
- D at http://theviewouthere.wordpress.com/
- Dianna at http://thesedaysofmine.com/
- Rich at http://richripley.wordpress.com/
- Lissa at http://wheniride.wordpress.com/
- Lenore Diane at http://lenorediane.com/
- Sheila at http://graceandlife.com/
- Butch at http://butchdean.wordpress.com/
Thank you again to Renee for the love; I sure do do appreciate it!