I’m on the mend (thank you GOD for antibiotics) and there now exist blocks of time where I’m no longer coughing up frogs. Yay for that.
10 things I learned from being sick:
- I learned the value of naps. Strategic timed out-under-the-blankie naps AND casual-head-back-sleeping-in-chair-naps.
- I learned that a rotisserie chicken can serve 3 people for 2 days.
- I learned that not being able to talk on the phone – or really at all – felt like punishment to me.
- I learned that there actually do exist times that I don’t want to read. I wouldn’t have thought that possible, but the headache & sensitivity to light rendered reading painful. Who knew?
- I learned that I don’t have to do it all and that I do have others who will step in and take over.
- I learned that a 10-year-old Labrador Retriever makes a wonderful nap partner; bonus? He’s always up for it!
- I learned that the house can run without me, maybe not quite as smoothly, but it is possible.
- I learned to love orange juice & ginger ale over ice: my go-to drink to ease a scratchy throat.
- I learned that I should probably buy stock in whomever makes “Puffs.”
- I learned that, compared to being sick, most of the time I feel pretty wonderful!
I hope you don’t get any of the crud that’s going around, but if you do, I suggest you stock up on orange juice, ginger ale, pain reliever and Puffs.