25 Randoms about Emjayandthem:
- Old people make me smile. I enjoy it when an old fella stops me in the grocery store to tell me a joke .. I know that this moment was his one moment of the day to tell someone his little story. His wife is sick of hearing the same joke over and over so he makes up a reason to go to the store and find someone to tell his story to … people just want to be heard, and I love it when they choose me.
- Our boys make my heart sing; seeing them fill the doorway, leaving me voice messages that say “love ya mom” and being warmly embraced by either one of them (who both tower over me by about 20 feet) just make my heart melt.
- I’m patriotic. “The Star Spangled Banner” and “America the Beautiful” make me cry. Every time. “O Canada” (except for the French parts which I’ve forgotten) does as well. I landed in the U.S. with $178 and a guitar and I’m so grateful for what I’ve been able to learn, who I’ve met, and the life we’ve created. Being a dual citizen, how cool is that?
- Black licorice is my favorite childhood candy.
- The hubbs makes me laugh. There’s something extremely sexy about a man who can laugh with you and at you. He’s also a very good listener. We don’t always agree, and sometimes he can be a bonehead (so can I) but he’s perfect for me. He challenges me and doesn’t put up with any gibberish b.s. from anyone, even me! I like that. He’s also strong, smart, brave, loyal, thoughtful, sentimental, and tender-hearted. He’s the kind of man your mother would wish on you … and mine did.
- I like the wind and the feel of it on my face: it reminds me of my childhood home on the prairies. I could never live in the woods as I get claustrophobic if I can’t see the horizon. Continue reading