So… I had foot surgery last Friday. It went well with a few unexpected twists-the surgery took longer b/c the Doc did more than he expected to. I couldn’t have anticipated this pain. Holy Dinah! My guys have stepped up (and their armor is indeed shining), as did many sweet friends, bringing us meals and treats. We’re settling into a routine and yesterday I finally got to have a shower – YES!! Everything – and I mean every single thing – is challenging; it took me 20 min to inch my way down here to the PC. But I did it!
I have read all of the cheery and supportive notes from you, dear friends, and for that I am smiling and grateful. Thank you. 🙂
Having had the old dog near me for much of the past 6 days, I thought this was worth sharing (see credits below)… more original stuff to come in a few days but, for now, a nap’s in order.
Cheers!! – MJ
If we lived by dog’s rules, we’d all be happier.
There’s a lot we humans can learn from dogs. If you live your life by the same philosophy that dogs do, you will be much better off in life. In the wild, animals fight only for two things, not a fancy car, not clothes or jewelry, they just fight for food or a mate, everything else they get after that is just pure happiness.
- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride.
- Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
- When loved ones come home, always run and greet them.
- When it’s in your best interest, always practice obedience.
- Let others know when they’ve invaded your territory.
- Take naps and always stretch before rising.
- Run, romp and play daily.
- Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
- Be loyal.
- Never pretend to be something you’re not.
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
- Delight in the simple joys of a long walk.
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
- Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
- On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
- When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
- No matter how often you are criticized, don’t buy into the guilt thing and pout. Run right back and make friends.