But .. turns out, I won an award – How fun!!
I was presented with the “Versatile Blogger Award” (pictured above) by Georgette at http://georgettesullins.wordpress.com/
From what I can tell, this award is a way to give some virtual “shout-outs” to other bloggers you follow and whom others might not yet have discovered. I’m flattered to be honored & am happy to share. ((Although part of me wants to keep my favorites all to myself!))
The other rule is that you’re supposed to 1) publicly thank the award giver and link to them in your post (done). 2) Tell your readers 7 things about yourself that you might not have already, 3) present this award to other bloggers whose work you enjoy and 4) contact the weiners (sorry Congressman, I just couldn’t resist .. hee hee ) to let them in on the *big* news.
There aren’t enough hours in the day to explore all the posts I’m interested in just as there are no shortage of thoughtful people whose ideas, thoughts and insights draw me back for more.
So here’s the skinny on the super nice person who awarded me this prestigious thingy-ma-jiggy:
- Georgette very sweetly asked for permission to re blog my post (“If Diana had been here” ) back in April, just before the wedding. She was so polite that I couldn’t say anything but “sure and thank you for asking!” She and I shared similar thoughts on the wedding but I’ve stuck around to read more of her musings on relationships, teaching, travel and parenting. You can find Georgette at http://georgettesullins.wordpress.com/
Now .. onto 7 unbelievably fascinating facts that you’re dying to know about me (Ha!):
1. My eyes used to be blue but are now green. How does that happen?
2. I hold citizenship in Canada, my birthplace, and the United States, my home. I cry every time I hear either anthem. Canada Day AND Independence Day are fast approaching and I need to stock up on PUFFS!!
3. I don’t crave chocolate. Black licorice on the other hand ? Oh yeah!
4. I’m a lifelong Elvis fan and visiting Graceland felt like a pilgrimage to me. My favorite Elvis song you ask? All of them …and Black Leather Elvis? Me to the ow!!
5. I shiver when I drive under overpasses and I don’t know why.
6. I count my marriage and our two boys as my greatest accomplishments.
7. “Emjay” is a throwback to my childhood nickname, MJ, short for Marilyn Jean.
And now … the show must go on .. so …may I have the envelope please?
For cheeky commentaries that make me laugh out loud, please visit Coopernicus http://coopernicus.wordpress.com/. ** note, a language warning, sometimes.
Sheila, my Alaskan friend, blogs about life and all that comes with it. Someday we hope to have a coffee together; share the journey at http://graceandlife.wordpress.com/
For a thought-provoking and often hilarious take on life, please pour yourself a glass of http://icedteawithlemon.wordpress.com/
Terri, my sweet Minnesota friend, muses on life, love and bowling .. and the trials and tribulations of a soon to be empty-nester. You can find this talented lady at http://intomystic.wordpress.com/
Lenore Diane and I bond on many topics: family, parenting, and life’s lessons. You can find her thoughts exactly here http://lenorediane.com/
As a farm girl, I have three country girls that I enjoy popping in on. It’s not just that they live in the country, it’s how they celebrate their country lives and all who share it. Each one posts spectacular photographs that, for a moment, take this country girl back home again.
- Stop by and meet Lissa Rabbon, a sweet Texas soul most at home when she’s riding. Visit http://wheniride.wordpress.com/
- Visit with Jesse who shares her adventures with music, poetry and ranch living .. and a one eyed Pug at http://veederranch.com/
- I can always count on The Simple Life of a Country Man’s Wife to charm me … visit http://sdliving.wordpress.com/
Someone who will inspire you with her commitment to good health and what sheer determination can do is (Sweet) Caroline, living the dream at My Fascinating Life http://carolinecalcote.com/.
Beth is dynamic woman who teaches, leads and learns. Sample Beth’s Shameless Moxie at http://girls2womencoaching.wordpress.com/
Butch Dean moves me to tears with his heartfelt poetry, grace and lessons learned along life’s pathways. http://butchdean.wordpress.com/.
Meet Dianna, Motor Man, Sundae the Cat, her son Marshall and spectacular sunsets at http://thesedaysofmine.com/.
Renee embraced blogging in a big way, taking time off from her job to take a writing class in France! Celebrate Renee’s journey at http://writingfeemail.wordpress.com/
Lastly is Miss Jaclyn Ray who reflects on all things inspiring from her Polkadot Teapot http://polkadotteapot.wordpress.com/