From the warm-hearted and generous Dianna over at These Days of Mine it’s … drumroll please… the Liebster Blog Award!! (Please hold your applause) Apparently, this award originated in Germany and ”Liebster” is a German word for friend or love (c’mere you little Liebster, you!!). The Liebster award is meant to bring attention to blogs with fewer than 200 followers. And my blog falls into that category! Scchwwwing!
However, lest you think that I’m just goofing off, there are RULES in accepting this award. Serious rules. Ahem. The rules are you have to follow are to: forever and a day tell everyone you know how fabulous and wonderful you think Emjayandthem is and .. ‘er.. oops wrong rules.
Here are the REAL bonafide rules:
- Express your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them. Check!!
- Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog. Check!!
- Post the award proudly on your blog. Check!!
- Bask in the love and adoration from the most supportive people ever -other writers. Check!!
- And best of all – have fun and share the love! Check!!
And so now, I give you … my favorite men bloggers:
- http://richripley.wordpress.com/ Have a full day’s worth of fiber, in convenient blog form. Rich blogs with humor and truth from America’s heartland. I have laughed out loud more than once reading what Rich has written.
- http://skoonr.wordpress.com/ Take off on a culinary adventure with Bryan, a lover of fine food. The first post of his that I ever read was not about food, it was about how his dog sits like “Sam” the sheepdog. Hubbs and I always kid around that our dog, Frankie, is only missing one thing: Sam the Sheepdog as his partner in crime.
- http://butchdean.wordpress.com/ LeRoy “Butch” Dean writes eloquently about faith, hope, love and the human condition. He walks in faith and I often begin my day by paying his site a visit. His eloquence and gentle nature remind me of the many layers in each and every single one of us. He’s just happens to be brave enough to let us see “in.”
- http://coopernicus.wordpress.com/ Coop is clever and thoughtful, irreverent and surprising. And never, ever … dull.
- http://my91yearoldmom.wordpress.com/ Tom writes of his adventures with his Mom, what he’s learned and where they’re going ..on this journey with Alzheimer’s .. and more.
There are many meaningful and well-written blogs that I visit regularly and it was challenging to narrow the list down to just these 5. But … my criteria I chose to use this time was: which fellows do I choose to visit, time and again? And there they were! 🙂
So … not everyone loves blog awards, so if any of you fine folks winning this prestigious award don’t care to play along… I won’t take it personally. But I do hope my readers will take a moment to stop in and visit you. I know this much: I will.
And now: here’s my brand new Liebster Blog award, which I shall display with pride!