Thanksgiving is only 2 days away!
Old Dog, Frankie, would like to share what he’s learned in his 11 years of living in a busy holiday-filled home:
- Be nice; greet your guests with gusto. (Everyone gets an enthusiastic sniff hello!)
- Take naps and stretch before rising. (done with flair!)
- Don’t pretend to be something you’re not. (When he’s had enough of the company and confusion, he simply disappears. No feigned interest here).
- On relatives: avoid biting when a simple growl will do. Come to think of it, he’s never growled. He stays close to those he loves and, when he’s had enough, see # 3 above.
- Take naps and stretch before rising. (also done with flair!)
Happy Thanksgiving! I’m thankful for each and every one of you!
* * *
May you always be blessed
With walls for the wind.
A roof for the rain.
A warm cup o’ tea by the fire.
Laughter to cheer you.
Those you love near you.
And all that your heart might desire.