1. A Christmas song I can listen to even in June is: “Christmastime” by the Vince Guaraldi Trio (Charlie Brown). It takes me right back to being a kid and the wonder and excitement that Christmastime always generated.
2. Hot chocolate, eggnog or mulled wine? I’ll take an extra hot Chai Tea Latte, please!
3. When do you put your Christmas decorations up? Usually about 10 days ahead of Christmas; I used to decorate every single room – now we only decorate the living room and front door. Why? What goes up must come down. (Read how I nearly lost my cool here: Rants of Christmases past ). Yep, no more manic merriment for me.
4. What are you having for Christmas dinner? We’re not. We’re having appetizers & pizza the afternoon of Christmas Eve so we can all feel like little kids again! Christmas morning we’ll have brunch featuring my company Fresh Toast … and dinner that day will be … leftover pizza! 20+ years of holiday cooking has taught me one thing: Simple. Is. Good.
5. What’s your favorite Christmas tradition? We always visit with family & friends on December 26th – Boxing Day. Never heard of Boxing Day? Read here.
6. Have you ever gone caroling? Yes, with my Sunday school class. I remember being very cold and wondering just who had the hot cocoa?
7. When did you discover the truth about Santa? Don’t know what you’re talking about.
8. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Our tree is a compilation of glass ornaments and hand-made paper treasures from the boys. Few items match, but it’s multicolored and has special items of significance from all of the places we’ve lived – Canada, Connecticut, New York, Texas, and Michigan.
9. What’s the best thing about Christmas? All of it: time together to laugh, to play, to sing, to smile, to eat, to rest and to just … be.
10. All I want for Christmas is: See # 9.
Christmastime is here… Merry Christmas to you & yours!