No, not that Yogi.
The other kind .. as in yoga. That’s right, yoga.
See, I’ve had this DVD sitting around for probably 6 months now. Just took the plastic off last week. Popped it in after a long walk, thinking it might benefit me. And it did.
But wait – there’s more!
Tuesday night, after two days of 7 hour webinars, my neck felt as though it was made of concrete. Ding! I’ll do the yoga tape, I thought.
Oh the lessons I’ve learned:
- In grade school, when I would lay on my stomach and show off by touching my toes to the back of my head? Not not happening now, unless it’s at gunpoint.
- I’m going to lose some poundage just doing the moves successfully. (My .. ahem .. girls get in the way…) However, having a little extra padding makes lying on a yoga mat even more comfy.
- Speaking of, I can doze off in under 2 minutes while stretched out on a hardwood floor. That should tell you something about the effectiveness of the breathing exercises: a-m-a-z-i-n-g!
- Dust bunnies the size of house cats live under our exercise equipment. Serenity now! Not.
- The stretches feel wonderful, but I have to resist my inner lizard to just go for it… which, more than likely, is the point. Ah Grasshoppa, you get it now!
How about you? Are you a Yogi? (practitioner of Yoga)
Here’s the DVD I’m enjoying; so far so good! Buy yours here .