I turned 50 last month and with that came 10 Thoughts on turning 50:
1) no I will never have Botox, it took me this long to perfect the perfect stink-eye – the one that can stop a kid in his tracks and make a husband drop the shovel as he’s digging himself a hole.
2) buy me a bladder/bowel control product as a joke and I’ll whack you with it.
3) bring on the AARP discounts!!
4) 50 is the new 40 and 40 is the new 30 so I’m really .. 8! 🙂
5) thank goodness for hair dye, sunscreen, vitamin D & laughter.
6) wrinkles only go where the smiles have been, right?
7) it’s not a hot flash it’s a simmer.
8) my give-a-d _ mn’s busted. No whining. Unless it’s by me, of course!
9) 50 years till I turn 100 and…
10) Women outlive men — look out!
“There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.”
― Sophia Loren
Your turn. What has aging brought to you?
*This post inspired by my friend Lynette who’s soldiering through terminal cancer. Over cocktails last night she expressed her gratitude: Her thankfulness for a life well lived, for time to get her affairs in order and to host one last summer party. She’s 55.