* Originally posted 11/22/11
Thanksgiving is only 2 days away!
I’d like to pass on some hard-learned lessons gleaned from old dog, Frankie, who had 13 years of living in a busy holiday-filled home:
- Be nice; greet your guests with gusto. (Everyone gets an enthusiastic sniff hello!)
- Take naps and stretch before rising. (Being well rested = a happier experience for all concerned, trust me on this)
- Don’t pretend to be something you’re not. (When Frankie had enough of the company and confusion, he simply disappeared. No feigned interest here. No drama either, just slip away …. this works for people to people contact, too).
- On relatives: avoid biting when a simple growl will do. Come to think of it, he never growled. He stayed close to those he loved and, when he had his fill, he went back to step # 2 or 3 above.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope that you are able to “go where you’re celebrated, not just where you’re tolerated” and, if a situation you don’t care for finds its way to you, remember Frankie and simply slip away!
# # #