Inspired by Dianna at These Days of Mine, I thought I’d play along – on this Friday after Thanksgiving.
1. No, not shopping. Wait. My mileage reimbursement just landed in my slush account … hmmm … maybe some online deals today? I see coffee, pie and Amazon in my future :).
2. The best part of yesterday? Smiling faces, laughter throughout the house, a kitchen smelling yummy and no one wanting the day to end.
3. It’s cold today but the fresh snow is beautiful, and every tree looks like they’ve been frosted with icing … a very good day to be tucked inside and cozy.
4. I’m not one to leave dishes in the sink; no matter how late it is or how tired I am, I take care of them because I’d rather get up and see a clean, shiny sink than a cruddy one. You?
5. Before yesterday, I had set aside a stack of Christmas Toy fliers from past Sunday papers. Why? I remember the joy of skimming through the Sears “Wish Book” and poring over all the neat things we dreamed of. When Grandson A arrived, the first thing he did was grab that stack and ask if he could start circling… and of course I said, “Yes.” He circled many items, putting his initial next to his selections, all while touted their merits in adorable detail, but it was his special attention to this section that made me beam with pride. While some would say that my son is just his StepDad, moments like these let me see that the effort he’s invested in this little boy is coming through loud and clear as L-O-V-E.
Care to share your “Random Five?”