It’s that day again!
We made it, peeps – whoop!
Here’s my Random Five on this first Friday in December …
1) The Tree’s up .. but there’s nothing on it. Youngest boy asked, “Aren’t you even going to decorate it?” The horror in his voice was palpable. Yep, it’s getting decorated, soon .. can’t tell you when because I don’t know myself. Hasn’t stopped me from turning on the lights and admiring it’s simple little self. And considering stopping right there!
2) The fun filled-family Christmas party is this weekend. The one that Hubbs and I started years back, did to the max, and wore ourselves out on … we’ve stepped away from that part and now … we bring a dish and are guests. Ahhh. Read the story of my many manic moments at It doesn’t serve me anymore.
3) The shopping is done, the wrapping is not. Hmm .. wonder if there’s a teenage girl in the neighborhood who’d like to wrap for me. I’d pay royally for someone else to do it. You?
4) It’s cold outside and, as predicted, that’s what folks are talking about today. The weatherman has a gleam in his eye like a kid on Christmas morning. Their lives must be so dull when it’s nice out.
5) When I think of Christmases past, I think of scenes like this: all five of us, me in my red jammies, our tree twinkling in the background, and note the time of 1o:00pm? We’d nicely gotten home from yet another Holiday get-together and were readying for bed. Santa was on his way ….
The excitement in our faces is evident, the joy .. contagious. That right there – those kind of moments – are the ones I aim to create for our boys & grands …
Care to share your Random Five with me? 🙂