Here we are again, peeps. Random 5 Friday is back and I give you the Friday night edition!
1) Normally on Friday nights, I’d be out doing something with Hubbs. Dinner. Meeting up with friends. Something. OR we might be stay in and sit near the fire. Not tonight. After his disastrous travel schedule a few weeks back, he had back to back meetings and ended up sick with the flu this week. He did like I did .. he worked through – as in worked his job — and I think that when you do that, you end up with “it” longer. So, tonight’s not date night at my house, it’s Alka-Seltzer-Plus and Puffs, Vicks-Vapo-Rub and extra blankies night. Poor guy.
2) On the way home, in the driving sleet, I thought, “Hey, maybe I should take this opportunity to reorganize some closets and do some deep cleaning!” And then good sense got the better of me and I stopped for a pizza, ginger ale for hubbs, a couple of Lime Beers for me, turned on the tunes and settled in to listen to the wind howl away the night.
3) #2 reminds me that I don’t really like a routine without him in it. Probably should tell him that. But not tonight. He’s under 2 blankets and moaning. At this point, he needs space ….. without me in it, unless I’m bringing him ginger ale or soup. Poor guy!
4) A week from Monday, I fly off to our nation’s capital. Like I mentioned last year in Milestones, not that long ago I wasn’t even a citizen of this great country. I could pay taxes, but I couldn’t vote. I felt like a bystander. But soon I’m off to the highest Governmental offices in the land to represent my company and our business. Pretty. Sweet. Pretty. Surreal. Pretty… Awesome!
5) I saw this today and it not only made me laugh, now the song is stuck in my head:
Do you remember that song? What’s your Random 5, this chilly Friday night?