Random 5 Friday! The quickest round of thoughts this ole brain can conjure up all week. Ready? Here we go!
1. I heard recently that its not drinking that makes people gain weight, it’s the food choices that inevitably follow. I think the same could be said for exercise. I’ve been working out regularly for about 6 weeks now and my appetite afterwards envies that of a Badger. Step away from the hungry lady.
2. How is it nearly May? How? We had snow in MI this week. The weather people like to taunt viewers with stats like this: “Today is the 188th day since our first snowfall!” And they smile as they say it. How do they sleep at night?
3. Every year I seem to develop new sayings that describe certain situations or people. A few years ago it was, “Not for you.” This year, after witnessing continued lunacy from more than one individual, it’s evolved to, “It’s not new, it’s just more.” Think about a person whose behavior is disruptive in your life. Is it new or is it … just more. Gah!
4. Stopped last night to complete the weekend grocery run. Why? It’s not storming, no, but there’s something about completing that one little chore that makes me wonderfully happy. I can stay home all weekend if I want to — or not — but that chore is done like dinner. Whoop!!
5. 2 weeks from now, I’ll be happily ensconced at my Mother’s house, sipping tea, eating pie, talking politics, catching up on local doings. To say I’m looking forward to it would be an understatement. I’ll be smiling like a kitty on a cushion!
Who comes to mind when you hear, “It’s not new, it’s just more.” Do you ever do your chores in advance? Does exercise turn you into a rabid wolverine? Do tell! Happy Friday, peeps.