Another Friday and another week has flown by. A few things were different this week, though. Ready? Here we go:
1. It’s April. I think. It was close to 60F Monday, 32F with gale-force winds on Tuesday, 30 & snow flurries Wednesday, 40 then 30 with freezing rain yesterday and today? 30-something with a 100% “chance” of rain. I don’t know about you, but when the weather guy says “100%” the word “chance” probably shouldn’t follow it.
2. I worked out Sunday-Mon-Tues and Thurs. Yes, I skipped Wednesday. Why? My job took all my “mojo” and at my age, I know when to push it and when to not.
3. Wednesday was “Grandparent’s day” at our grand-daughter’s preschool. It doesn’t seem that long ago that I was visiting our boys’ classrooms so to have another little person coming through feels surreal. And wonderful. 🙂
4. Playing with MJ and her friends, and taking in their excitement, took me back to my playground days. Freeze Tag, Olly-Olly-Oxen-Free, Red Rover, Dodge-ball and of course … our endless swing competitions. I wonder if kids are even allowed to “pump” the swing and fly as high as possible anymore?
5. For the first time in 29 years, Mom and I are spending Mother’s Day together! Of course I’ve been back many times in all those years, but we’ve not spent that holiday together since …I became a Mom. Just 34 more sleeps and I’ll be on a plane towards home … a week on the farm hanging out with her sounds absolutely grand to me. Excited? Why, yes I am.
Happy Friday, peeps!