1. Took a road trip yesterday! Every sign pointed to “don’t bother” – my desk was calling, calls were scheduled, but I went anyway. Why? Getting out of the office and into the sunshine is good for the soul. B/c of the respiratory infection I’ve been battling, I had to hum instead of sing, all so I could “save” my voice for the meeting. I joined in, offered a few comments but mostly, I just listened. Not talking gave me the opportunity to really hear a few who were a bit worked up. Listening turned the situation around, and by the time I left, they had a new & different perspective on me and my company. Whoop!
2. Called each of my staff last night and told them to plan on leaving today around 3 pm. Hubbs is golfing, I’m going to stay at the office and finish up some things, and they might as well get a jump on the Holiday weekend. Not one of them turned down the offer and their reactions just made me grin.
3. Our weather in Michigan has finally turned and I think we’ve fast-forwarded through spring and into early summer.
4. Frankie loved that Lilac tree and was a regular sniffer of it. He sniffed in and under it, and usually came back to the house covered in blossoms. He also loved the Peonies that bloom nearby. Once those are blooming, we will scatter his ashes throughout that bed. Ferdinand-the-Frankie dog would have loved that and I think the chipmunks will notice his return.
5. I plan to indulge in a healthy round of NCD this weekend and I hope you do as well!
And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me. -Lee Greenwood
Happy Memorial Day!