Thinking back to the summers of my youth, I remember the “hard” decisions we faced:
1) Weed now or after swimming? (Now! Get it over with)
2) Sleep in the tent or in the house? (Always the tent)
3) Take a ride bareback or saddle up? (Depended on the terrain and which horse I was on)
4) Go to town with Dad? (Always, because if you went with the Candy Man, candy soon followed)
5) Do chores for Grandma and earn $$ for the fair? (Sign me up! I loved her and the fair!)
How old would you be if you didn’t know your age? Some days I still am that pig-tailed girl ready to saddle up my pony for another adventure. It’s summer that takes me back there.
And lastly … summer should always bring some of the following to us:
When you remember your summers, what “hard” decisions come to mind?