It’s Friday! It’s Random! Let’s Go!
1. Perusing old pictures recently, I found a few snaps taken inside the schoolhouse Dad attended as a boy. In later years, that building was moved a half mile to Grampa’s farm and used as a “shop” (*garage). I find it beautiful that, 70-some years later, the blackboard and cursive writing are still there.
2. Mom’s birthday was yesterday. Smiling as we talked, I loved hearing how excited she is about her two sisters visiting soon. When I commented that they’ll be having a “sleepover” she giggled and agreed. Sisters and sleepovers go together whether you’re 8 or 84.
3. Remember Jerry, the relative I haven’t yet met but blogged about? He came home from the hospital yesterday :).
“Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the One who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference. -Max Lucado
4. A newer friend asked me along to an outdoor concert this week. “Yes” I said. “Sounds fun,” I said. And it was. Keb Mo played some funky fun blues and when he gave us this song, “She just wants to dance,” well you gotta know we did.
5. I have a few crowns. Some of them need to be replaced. Sigh – I know what that means… time in the chair and no $$ to spare. But this cartoon made me laugh.
And how was your week?
*This is my 700th post in nearly 4 years of blogging. My how time flies!