Well, we had a blast of sticky hot days with monsoon-like rain and now we’re headed to Labor Day with cooler temps ahead ~ just in time for the office pot-luck today!
With the a/c roaring at the office, something warm and spicy sounded good to me so this is what I’m bringing.
If you’re a fan of southwestern flavor, of chicken and of soup, then this is a recipe for you. It’s super easy to make and only requires chicken + the following 7 ingredients.
The ingredients are shown above but here’s the list for easy shopping:
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups or 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken but you could use canned.)
*if you are watching your sodium this may not be for you
- Mix all ingredients together in a large sauce pot on the stove or crock-pot (slow cooker).
- Heat until warm, stirring occasionally.
- On the stove this will be ready to serve in ~15 minutes; in a crock-pot you should allow 1 hour. (I prep in my office, plug it in, and share an hour later – happy times!)
- Serve with your favorite toppings: strips of soft tortillas, shredded cheese, sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips, onions etc.
Like chili, this soup is even better the next day and it’s perfect for college football which starts … this weekend :).