It’s Friday! It’s Random! Here we go 🙂
1. Buttons. What is it with buttons now-a-days? Between Hubbs and youngest kid they break/pop/lose more buttons than anyone I’ve ever known. Between you and me? It’s the buttons. They’re cheaply made. They splinter and crack on a regular basis. Neither one has a big belly or wears their clothes tight … I blame it on the modern-day button. Mom kept a button jar – chock full of industrial strength buttons. Some looked like jewelry, others like they were from a uniform, but all were sturdy and long-lasting. I need a button jar like that!
2. Our office has become pet-friendly. A few employees have stopped by with their puppy or dog on a day off and before/after a vet visit. Dogs are good buffers ~ they can transform the quietest employee into the most popular one, just like that! I will be working in my office when the tone of the office changes and voices go from professional-normal to squeaky high pet lover. The same thing happened when an itsy-bitsy kitten visited. Grown men in suits were reduced to mere puddles. Pets are a great common denominator.
3. Morning announcers say there’s only 111 days till Christmas. I know, I thought the same thing. Why rush my Fall? It’s my favorite!
4. Road Trips ~ I’m traveling next week so I won’t be blogging. I’m sure I’ll have stories to share .. there’s no end to observations and “ahas” when traveling. But in the meantime I’m thinking ahead ~~ what comfy shoes can I build an outfit around? All that airport walking means shoes first, cute & stylish second. Plus I always wear shoes that require socks .. no barefoot security jaunts for me – gross!
5. And I can’t think of September without Earth, Wind and Fire! Groove on, peeps. 🙂
Was there a button box in your home? If pets visited your office what would happen? Do you wear socks for airport travel?