It’s Friday – it’s random – here we go ~ Yippee Skippee! 🙂
1. Took a road trip Wednesday and most of the route I spent dodging construction cones. It was in one of those slowed-down jaunts that I noticed the sign for a farm market. And it was the “Honey Crisps” (middle baskets) that drew me off the highway. Perusing the apples brought a smile to my face and a small bag back to my car
2. The apples are sold by the peck ~ which equates to 2 gallons or 10-12 lbs of apples. They are also sold in 1/2 and 1/4 pecks. On our farm wheat and barley are sold by the bushel. When I hear the words “bushel and a peck” I can’t help but think of this song that Mom sang to us when we were little:
I love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck …
3. Before I left, I turned the corner and caught sight of this cupboard:
No, I didn’t buy any – for I still have some of my sister’s jam brought from home. Her pantry, while not quite as fancy, can easily rival the professionals!
4. We’re heading north tomorrow to visit my Father-in-Law … the colors are turning and the nights are getting colder. As much as he says he doesn’t need any help, the delight in his voice when we asked to come visit .. was palpable. We’ll stop in., he’ll show us around, point things out, go out for lunch, and I’ll leave behind his all time favorite – peanut butter cookies. It’s the little things, right?
5. Speaking of little things – a sense of humor is always welcome. The meeting I headed south for? This sign, in the ladies restroom, had me chuckling all the way home.
And how was your week? Seen any crazy signs lately? How’s your jam supply these days?