It’s Random! It’s Friday! Here are 5 random Friday thoughts ~
1. In addition to today being smack-dab in the middle of a 19 day event known as Art-Prize (an urban, open art festival /contest where what the people think matters most) today marks the start of “Pulaski Days!” Celebrating Polish heritage, this is a weekend-long event of kielbasa, pierogies, holubchi (cabbage rolls), beer and of course, lots and lots of Polkas. Tonight we’ll meet up with friends at one of the Polish halls and eat, laugh and, of course, get our Polka on! I’ll check out the “art” next week – or not.
2. Took a road trip to points north Wednesday. My meeting started early afternoon so I had time to meet my Father-in-Law for lunch first. Arriving at a restaurant filled with Seniors, I spotted him at a table about as far from the door as you could sit. It was the seat you take when you don’t mind everyone knowing you have yourself a lunch date. It’s also the kind of place where people like to linger because the food is good, the wait staff is friendly and nearly everyone gets called “Honey” or “Sweetie,'” at least once. We enjoyed a tasty meal and meandering conversations and I couldn’t help but think of her, my late Mother-in-Law, and how much she’d have loved that moment.
3. On Facebook, have you ever noticed that friends & family share recipes of really yummy/naughty foods … at night? Sometimes my morning FB feed is filled up with cheese bread, caramel cake and pie recipes. Right after the posts on workouts. Hmmm.
4. Speaking of workouts, I think I own most of them. I get bored easily. There was a time I was running, but then my knees started hurting. Then came yoga, which I still like, but have never mastered. Walking bores me and Zumba … well that’s just an epic fail. The only program I’ve stuck with is this one: Kettleworx. I found it in the clearance rack (that could have been a sign …) and gave it a go. I started with the smallest weight and worked up. The instructor is corny and the editing isn’t great, but it’s a 20 minute weights workout with a slow-enough pace that I can actually .. f-o-l-l-o-w along. And you know what? It’s working. I am stronger – noticeably so – and my clothes are looser. Hmmm.
5. And finally, I have made no secret of the fact that I’m a list maker. Always have a list. Yes I never find money in a winter coat pocket .. I find a list. And this little saying here hits way too close to home.You?
How about you? Have you ever danced a Polka? What’s your favorite? (Mine is “Idon’twantheryoucanhavehershestoofatforme) Any cool doings in your town this weekend? Are you a late night recipe poster? What’s your workout of choice? And lastly … can you remember a phone number without writing it down? 🙂