It’s Friday and time for 5 random thoughts ~ here we go:
1. Last night I stopped for groceries ahead of the weekend. Why? Those cute lil’ Cub Scouts who camp there on Saturdays, that’s why. They’re adorable, irresistible and I am absolute putty in their hands. Yes, I dodged them and fully admit it. Please forgive me.
2. Have a couple of friends going through trying relationships of late. It’s hard to witness because sometimes, as an “outsider,” you can see things the person “inside” cannot. Doesn’t mean you can say anything though.
3. We’ve had cooler temps lately but loads and loads of sunshine. I don’t know about you but the sun shining just makes everything happier, brighter … and better.
4. My cordless phone battery died. You know the one that made us feel so “with it” cause we weren’t tethered anymore? Well here’s the kicker: no one sells cordless phone batteries now. I can find a replacement online but .. is this a sign that people really have dropped the land line? I still have the (now-ancient) plug-in-the-phone-jack-and-work-without-batteries-phone. When our power goes out and the cable/phone modem is kaput, it still works. Hmm … perhaps the cordless phone is out and the land line remains!
5. Heard this song in an airport recently and I’ve been playing it ever since. Check out Michael Franti & Spearhead singing a happy Reggae-inspired “Say hey I love you.”
And how was your week? Dodged any cute kids lately? Any relationship advice to share? How are the temps in your neck of the woods? Do you still have a land line? Are you digging any new tunes of late? Do tell!