It’s Friday! It’s Random! It’s Halloween! Here we go….
1. I don’t know about you but Halloween was one cool night when I was a kid. Having it land on a Friday was like a gift from above. A Friday vs. a school night meant one or two extra stops and no strict bedtime ~ that gave us more time to check for razors in apples (never happened) and inventory the goodies in our bags. Yippee skippy!
2. I was a complete tomboy as a kid. Sporting a rats’ nest of curls, jeans and a hoodie, I just couldn’t be bothered with dresses and all that stuff. When you’re busy riding your pony and picturing yourself as some kind of “Billy Jack” outlaw, dresses just get in the way. So it made perfect sense when Mom bought me a Princess costume and mask.
3. At school we had to go around town and collect money for Unicef. This was done before the hot dogs and the games and treats and the candy toss. I’m pretty sure that, between the 8 of us in my grade, we collected about $1.49.
4. Our forecast is for 40 F temps and a sustained wind of 45 mph. We’ve been to lots of Halloween parties over the years and, now that I think of it, it’s always been cold … but that has yet to damper our fun.
5. Remember me fretting about giving a speech before 450+ people the other day? I was nervous and woke up with a swirly stomach feeling. I had a little chat with myself and the gist of it was that I know what I’m talking about and, on the topic in question, more than anybody in the room. And you know what? I nailed it! That feeling of accomplishment lingers with me still. Whew!
So .. do tell .. what were your Halloween traditions? Do you still celebrate Halloween?
I still miss singing for our treats and receiving home-made caramel apples & goofballs.