It’s Friday! It’s Random! Time for five random thoughts.
1. 48 shopping days left till Christmas. I know, I thought the same thing: why rush it? First of all, Thanksgiving is next. We’ll gather together and enjoy my favorite meal. There’s no gifting stresses and no mess to clean up. And – everything tastes even better the next day. I’ll have pie with my coffee, read blogs and shop online, and avoid the madness that is Black Friday.
2. Switching the radio from a steady stream of political ads last week, I stumbled upon Christmas music. On two stations! Sorry Frosty, not yet.
3. I love corn. Corn-on-the-cob, kernel corn with butter and black pepper, creamed corn and of course, popcorn. I love corn. For the most decadent creamed-corn recipe possible, head on over to Leah’s place. It’s been part of our holiday meals since 2011 :).
4. The local radio station asked listeners to share their quirks. Example: the DJ said he always puts on his to-go coffee cup lid so it’s pointed away from the seam. All I could think was, “Doesn’t everyone?” I do have a coffee quirk, though. After I pour it, I microwave it for 30 seconds. I like my coffee hot. Not burn your thigh off hot, just hot. Yep, I might be quirky, too.
5. Saw this and laughed out loud. Pretty sure you will, too. Have a great day, friends:
And how was your week? What are some of your quirks? Do you love corn, too?