It’s Friday! It’s time for 5 Random thoughts! Here we go!
1. Remember last Friday when I referenced how pitiful Hubbs was with his cold? Yeah, I should not have done that. About noon it hit me – a tightening between the shoulder blades – and with hot eyes and hurting everything, I headed for home. Not before I stopped for essentials like groceries, Puffs and dinner. And yes I felt the wheels of the Karma bus back right on over me.
2. Sorting through some stuff lately, I came across my hot rollers. Bear in mind I have naturally curly hair. Like, really curly. Holds a curl for days. I’ve had the rollers since college, they still work, and every once in a while I’ll roll my hair just to see what happens. If I’m feeling adventurous I’ll add hair spray and double it in size. I can see myself doing this for years and years and years. No idea why.
3. Lately I’ve been enjoying TV shows that demonstrate decorating on a budget. You see I have no ability in the home decor department. That gene skipped me. No, I was too busy riding my pony and pretending to be “Billy Jack“ than be caught inside doing artsy stuff. So it was not a proud moment when I realized that most of the things we own are on Decorators “do not do” list. Yep, decorating wise, I need help and lots of it.
4. I like making lists and checking things off so, generally speaking, I don’t procrastinate. But this was funny!
5. All in all, it was a bit of a rough week and I’m glad Friday is here. None of us felt great, it was -something zero outside every day and we got pounded with snow. Case in point, one day it took 65 min. to drive 7 miles to the office. No snowmen yet, but I can see why things like this could happen:
And how was your week? What styling aids have you owned or used for 30+ years? Please tell me you have silk plants, too!