It’s Friday! Time for 5 Random thoughts! Here we go ~
1. As is our tradition, the Grand kids spent time going through the various Holiday fliers and circling items for their “wish” lists. I remember doing this with the Sears Wish Book as a girl. In fact, my sisters and I would spend hours poring through the book and dreaming of so many pretty things in our stockings come Christmas morning.
2. Oldest boy took this picture before we all dished up yesterday – he’s so much taller than me that I’ve never ever seen my stove from this high up! I would have to stand on a step-stool to do so.
3. I don’t care how much prepping I do ahead of time the work is done the day of the Holiday ~ I stand and simmer and stir ~ for hours on end. I love to cook and lose track of time but it’s no wonder I slept so well last night :).
4. As our grandson was happily playing new games I’d downloaded to my tablet, I asked our grand-daughter if she might like to play with my Barbie horses. You see, we keep some Barbies and other toys here but, like me, she’s not into fashion shows or shopping. Her eyes widened when my 40+ year old horses – Thunderbolt and Pancho – arrived on the scene. Before long she had established a kitchen chair as the stable and her adventures had begun!
5. I’m not a wine girl but this made me giggle. And with that, I’m off to a date night with Hubbs and a big juicy burger!
Happy Day-After-Thanksgiving! Do you remember the Sears Wish book? What childhood toys have you shared or encouraged in your children and grand-children? How does a burger sound right about now?