It’s Friday. Thank goodness! And with that, here are my 5 Random thoughts :).
1. Why is it that a full work week after just a few days off feels like the longest week ever? It’s like we jammed 10 lbs of potatoes into a 2lb sack, not kidding. Long days, lots of meetings and trips coupled with all the “to-dos” of this time of year left me reeling.
2. Text reminders. It’s the end of the year so I’m jamming in Doctor and Dentist appointments while I can. Now I receive multiple text messages to confirm my appointments and to remind me of my appointments, too. All so I can arrive early and wait for the Doctor or Dentist who is always … running behind. Maybe the office staff should text them. Grr.
3. Started Christmas shopping last Sunday and took today off to finish it. I’m hoping for an absence of crowds and looking forward to lunch with a good friend whom I rarely see. And if we run over and the shopping doesn’t get done today, so be it. 🙂
4. Speaking of Christmas we had our office Holiday luncheon yesterday ~ about 20 of us went to one of those Hibachi restaurants where the chef cooks in front of you and tosses samples your way. The food was delicious, the camaraderie was great but I’m not a seal and this girl is not diving for broccoli.
5. Reading the above, I’m sounding snarky. One of my employees recently introduced me to Willy Chirino, a Cuban-born entertainer who covers The Beatles with a Salsa-funk sound. It was a great reminder that no matter the day, all we need is love.