It’s Friday! It’s time for 5 random thoughts! Here we go …
1. Meetings with new leadership were held yesterday. I caught myself getting nervous just before the WebEx began but I remembered something Hubbs had said the night prior, “You’ve got this. You know more about what you’re doing than anyone on that call, regardless of title. Act like you belong there … because you do.” Handsome looks and a fun personality are one thing but the stuff that keeps a relationship strong and happy is someone willing to lay down a brick for you – and I have the one who’ll trowel a highway with his bare hands for me. So grateful.
2. There’s been a few awards show on TV lately and it’s occurred to me, as I look up from my books, that I rarely know who any of the actresses or actors are. I also don’t know the shows being heralded or the designers doing the dressings. I’m either getting older or … yep, I’m getting older.
3. Youngest boy has a tender heart. He’s a “fixer” and often, the nurturer in relationships. That’s all good, because being kind and sweet beats snarky and rude any day, but I suggested he stop finding what I call “wounded birds.” I.E. sometimes another’s problems are too much for someone else to solve. And then I gave him the gift of my Mother’s advice to me:
“You are the only person you will always have.… everyone else is temporary. Take the time to learn who you are and enjoy being with that person because there will come times when you won’t have anyone else to turn to. If you know who you are, you will always have someone you can depend on – you – smart, wonderful, you.” – my Mom.
4. I also shared with him my cousin’s often-used line, “More in the store.” He laughed and heartily agreed.
5. Speaking of store, I saw this witty sign online recently and thought somewhere a bored and creative deli employee had a lot of fun one day. And now I am singing that famous Eurythmics song from the 80s:
Here’s the MTV cult classic:
And how was your week? Do you recognize anyone on Awards shows? Any relationship advice to share?