It’s Friday! It’s time for 5 random thoughts (not 13!)
1. Two road trips this week and I always notice things alongside the highway. There’s the usual – a tire, a deer, maybe some garbage. What gets my attention are the shoes. There usually is only one and it’s often upright, like someone stepped out of it. Weird.
2. There’s a movie opening today based on a book involving grey ties. Did I ever tell you that Mom bought me that book for my birthday years ago? She made it clear she had no intentions of reading it but I think she did it to scandalize me and my sister … and it worked. The two of us traumatized our grown kids by leaving it out on end tables. The comments of horror from my sister’s daughters and the looks our boys shot my way were well worth it. Maybe that was Mom’s point, to stir things up a little, and to remind us that we always have a choice. God, I love her. The book series itself? Definitely mature reading but in there lies a love story –and how the love of a good woman can repair and restore even the most damaged man. It’s a story as old as time and romance novels sell well for that reason. Oh, and here in Grand Rapids, there’s a local man running a petition to stop theaters from showing the movie: the petition has 2,000 signatures. Impressive except for the fact that 9,000+ advance tickets have been sold. I’m probably not seeing the movie but that fact makes me snicker.
3. Here comes Valentines Day! Earlier this week Hubbs was over-scheduled and racing around like he tends to do. I had some extra time that morning so I left for work, made a stop, and swung back by the house with breakfast in hand. The look on his face? Absolute delight. Why wait for 2/14 to show love for the one you love?
4. I’m off to the Dentist for more crown restoration. Yes – dental work on Friday the 13th – nothing could go wrong with that, right?
5. Driving yesterday I came across a tune from years back. Do you remember 867-5309 or “Jenny” by Tommy Tutone?
*867 was the phone exchange in the town where I attended High School. Never knew anyone named Jenny though.
How was your week? What are your Valentines Day plans? Going to see any new movies? Know anyone named Jenny?