It’s Thursday and it’s Random. Why today and not tomorrow? Because I am off tomorrow – whoop! Here are my 5 random thoughts this week:
1. 30 degree temperature swing from last Saturday to Tuesday. Sunshine all around. Smiles all around. Neighbors coming out of houses, folks chatting at the mailboxes – yes – Spring is in the air. Hallelujah!
2. Tried something new this week: Acupuncture! Years ago I was injured in a car accident and I still have pain in my neck where I was hurt. And, when stressed, I tend to clench my teeth. I’ve been stressed, so my neck and jaw have been aching and pain relievers don’t even touch it. Does this work? Not sure. How’d it feel? Like someone was sticking me with needles! 🙂 Truth be told, some points I didn’t feel, others burned and stung (i.e. in the jaw area- d’oh) and, after all pins were in I relaxed. Having to lie still might have been part of that, not something I’m used to doing. That night I felt drained and slept very deeply. Will I go back? Yes, a couple of times at least. The jury’s still out on this one.
3. I took tomorrow off thinking I might try to do something productive around here. Hubbs blessed me with this last night, “Why do you put so much pressure on yourself to always get things done? Take a day off and enjoy it – sleep in- or not – and if you accomplish nothing, who cares? I don’t.” I sure do love my #1 supporter and predict my face will be into my books! 🙂
4. I work with a narcissist. It took me the longest time to understand just exactly what this is. If you’ve not experienced it, be thankful. Here are a few traits that I’ve witnessed: (a) believes he or she is special and entitled to special privileges (translate: not for you), (b) requires copious amounts of admiration and will get it any way he/she can, (c) will exploit anyone – will step on anybody to meet his/her needs (translate: the bus will back over you many times), (d) has no issues lying or stretching the truth, especially if the new version benefits him or her, (e) lack of empathy for anyone but themselves – example: if they suffer a loss, the world will know. If you do, meh. (f) reverse envy – assumes everyone wants to be him/her. Over the years I have learned how to manage my interactions with this person but doing so has come with a price. See #2 and #3.
5. Despite our differences, I do try to come at all relationships with this thought: we are all people. We all have something to contribute. We are all everyday people.
How about you? Would you ever try acupuncture or another alternative treatment? Do you feel the need to “work” on your day off? Have you any Narcissists in your life? What do you learn from the most difficult personalities around you? Are you grooving to Sly now? 🙂
Happy Thursday, peeps.