It’s Friday – Good Friday – and here are my random 5.
1. Yesterday, with the windows open, I heard a sound I hadn’t heard in a while: birds singing. Lots and lots of them. It had rained and their little chirps conveyed their delight at Spring’s arrival.
2. Tuesday my sister had a heart attack. She’s stable and will be OK – but it was a very close call. Living on a farm, 25 miles from the hospital she nurses at, she realized what was happening, called ahead and had her husband drive her there (translate: drive like h*ll through hills and potholes!! ). Life flight was soon on scene and she was transported to a bigger hospital with cardiac facilities. How did I find out? My brother-in-law called his kids and emailed a few of us. I got his email just before heading off to my grand-daughter’s Kindergarten concert. I pulled in a few people and made some calls and waited. The waiting, that’s the hardest part.
3. This little face was the perfect distraction from chaos going on elsewhere:
4. Chatting with my Mom, we both cried while discussing how close we came to losing her and how grateful we are that we still have her in our lives. Sissy is a nurse, the care-taker, primary caregiver to Mom, the sun in our family’s universe. In her honor, I baked. I baked a cake for my Father-in-Law because that’s what I do when I can’t do anything at all.
5. This morning, I woke up to birds chirping, a cake on the counter, and the knowledge that He loves me this much:
We asked … How much do you love me? And He said “This much.”
And then He stretched out His arms and died.
For you. For me.For us. For them.
For the good, the bad, the weak and the sad.
For all of us. He loves you this much.
** Wishing you and yours a blessed Easter **