It’s Friday! It’s time for 5 random thoughts from my ever-swirling mind.
1. I love the smell of Noxzema. Growing up, that’s what we girls used to wash our faces at night – and that menthol clean smell still means clean to me. I’ve bought the expensive tubes and creams and gels and every last bit of it sits – and rots – on my shelf.
2. This week I initiated FB friend requests to a few long-time blogging pals. You know who you are. Please know this. My ❤ swelled when you said “yes.” There’s a lot of things I blog about that I don’t post on FB, so for me to take a risk and invite you in, means I trust you. My little writing hobby that started 4 years ago blossomed into friendships with some amazing people whose input I truly value. People I hope to meet one day. My heart grins just thinking about it!
3. Yesterday morning, around 4:30 a.m., a thunderstorm rolled through. I did a tuck and roll and all was right with my world. Am I the only one who finds a T-storm an invitation to dive deep into slumber-land?
4. Hubbs and I celebrated our wedding anniversary this week: 23 years. Crazy. Recently, I’d made a favorite meal of his and, although he doesn’t usually do so, he announced he was going to indulge in another favorite: bread and butter on the side. I’d already eaten and the kitchen was cleaned up and things put away. Quietly I took the (supposedly spreadable) butter out and set it on the counter. Because who wants hard chunks of buttery goodness on a roll? No one. A while later, he came upstairs to fix his plate, saw the butter and laughed out loud. And from the kitchen I heard this, “Thanks for the butter take-out! There’s 23 years of loving right there!” It was a good reminder that cards and flowers are great but often all we really need is to know that we matter to someone else.
5. And with that ~ I’m off. Off to a new city to meet new people and do my job. Coffee’s poured, tunes are ready, and I am rousing up some old classics like this one: Ray Price crooning “Night Life” with Willie Nelson accompanying him. Ray’s voice is as rich as his Polyester Fortrel suit and I love it!
What fragrances take you back to your childhood? Made any new friends lately? Are you scared of T-storms or do they make you want to get cozy, too? What simple ways allow you to express your love for someone? What type of music is your favorite to drive to?
Have a great day, peeps!