Spring appears to be here to stay finally (yay!) and my yard is calling me. With that, here are my Random 5 from this week:
1. This year, I solemnly swear, to not get overly ambitious in the garden section and to not plant annuals that I’ll only grow weary of watering come August. Amen. But first, I have a date with the 10 Trillion weeds growing happily outside!
2. At the family brunch/lunch on Sunday, cousin Jerry shyly gifted me with a sample of his home-made maple cream. Imagine fresh maple syrup whipped into cream. Imagine a small dollop of it in your morning oatmeal. Imagine the smile your face :). Yes, it’s that good.
3. Read a fascinating article about forgiveness. One section resonated so loudly with me I felt my ears ringing as I read it: The people you can’t forgive give you a gift you do not want. The author explained that the people you won’t forgive give your ego a feeling of control over the relationship but then (here’s the kick, you ready?) you’re burdened with the anger and sadness that comes with carrying that. Ouch and yes, so true. To read the full article click here.
4. I love popcorn. Love it. You could cover an entire table in candy and chocolates and I’d walk right past them all and stop at the popcorn. I have talked myself out going to the movies when I realized I was only going for the popcorn!
5. Yesterday I took a road trip to points north. As I often do, I used the lunch break to listen to voice mails left on my office phone while away. Not sure what happened but somehow I must have pressed the option that speeds up delivery of the voice mail message. Now, everyone sounds like a chipmunk. Yes, it’s difficult to get the phone # or understand the message but, I have to admit, replaying a message from a State official who now sounds like “Alvin,” cracked me up! 🙂
What are in your Random 5 for this week? Do you have to limit yourself in the Garden section, too? Who do you struggle to forgive? Do you love sweets or salty snacks? Ever messed up your voice mail system or other technology?