It’s Friday! It’s time for five random thoughts and happenings from my week! Here we go:
1. Does anyone else remember when Teachers smoked in the Teacher’s Lounge? I do. I remember Mrs. Campbell and Mr. Luke heading in and the noise and the smoke billowing out. Oh, the things we recall from our childhood!
2. Earlier this week, I wrote about saying “yes.” I realized that my efforts to clear emotional clutter had created space I’d yet to fill. After writing that post, I headed out to my day. The power of YES was immediately in play because I had two (planned) meetings + a surprise one (added-on, last-minute) – and from those came the following: 1) better rapport, 2) positive feedback, 3) forward movement AND two speaking requests, right up my alley. My women’s workshop is tomorrow and yes, I am this happy about it!
3. A couple of Friday’s ago I had a scheduled day off. I was home, yes, but I didn’t get the day off. Instead I worked all day putting out someone else’s fires (grr) while my “to-dos” languished. So I’m off today and my to-dos” are staring at me like a cat wanting back inside. It’s cold, it’s raining, and my accomplishments may very well include a nap. Ahh.
4. I had a sad and confusing morning a few days ago ~ I came down to the kitchen at 5:30 a.m. and stared in disbelief at the coffee pot. The empty coffee pot. Do you ever stare at something thinking that what you’re seeing can’t be right … so you just keep looking at it thinking the picture will change? I must have been too tired the night before to set up the coffee maker. Those seven minutes till a cup was ready? Snaggletooth!
5. But with all that, and a busy weekend ahead, it’s Friday! As the weekend nears I’m gonna join Mr. Luke in the conga line and dance my way to the weekend!
*Mr. Luke was my high school French teacher. He was tall, British, affable and reeked of
All images from Google.
Happy Friday! Did your teachers smoke in the Teacher’s Lounge? What have you stared at in disbelief? Did it change the picture?