It’s Friday – whew! The past 3 weeks have been a blur but I’m home now (smile) and have the day off today (big smiles!).
1. The birds are chirping, the sun is shining and coffee tasted especially good in my happy place this morning:
2. Had an appointment yesterday to have a spot on my forehead
looked at lopped off. The freezing hurt more than the biopsy. But, Skin Cancer has already made itself at home in my fair-skinned family and I’m not taking any chances. That little old(er)lady with the big floppy hat? Yep, that’s me!
3. Speaking of fruit, only two weeks till our Michigan cherries are ready! I remember the summer that Mom and Dad took us (5) kids to visit our cousins in British Columbia. The drive, through the Canadian Rockies and the Lower Okanagan Valley, took us right through orchard country. Mom bought several cases of sweet Cherries and put them in the back window of the Oldsmobile where 5 Hooligans promptly took turns swiping them. Gulping them down secretly, thinking no one would know, would never suspect our cherry stained faces or fingers. Suffice it to say the road trip was delayed by frequent stops and stomach aches. As an adult, my cherry-stained fingers take me right back to that summer. 🙂
4. Tomorrow we’re treating my Father-in-law to brunch. We’ll be joined by our boys and grands. 4 Generations gathered together over French Toast, Ham and eggs. Multiple conversations, laughs, abundant cuteness and love. Can’t ask for more. ❤
5. Read this quote and it reminded me to cancel a few subscriptions and continue to seek out battery chargers!
“Let go of the people who dull your shine, poison your spirit, and bring you drama. Cancel your subscription to their issues.” – Steve Maraboli
And how was your week? What summertime fruit takes you back to your childhood? What subscription do you need to cancel?