It’s Friday! It’s Labor Day weekend! Time for 5 randoms from my week ~ here we go…
1) Summer should be issued a speeding ticket. I don’t know about you but our summer took it’s sweet time getting here but seems to be in a hurry to depart. We’ve had a few weeks of “nice,” a few weeks of cool, and this has been the hottest one yet. But … with the end of summer comes the arrival of my favorite season: Fall! Here’s to bright sunny skies, humidity under 400%, leaves turning color, all things pumpkin and the sights and smells only Autumn can bring – yeah!
2) Heard this song recently and I smiled and sang along, especially the part about “Summertime in Northern Michigan” – sing it, Kid.
3) Hubbs commented recently, “Do you realize you hardly ever talk about work any more?” My response, “No need. I’m rat-free!” Whee – and – bonus: my shoulders no longer touch my ears!
4) A rainy day off and the house to myself — ooh, ahh. What started as a “100% chance of reading” kind of day quickly morphed into a “100% chance of working” day instead. A number of high priority requests came directly to me and responses are needed long before my Tuesday return. No worries, I cancelled my vacation time, brewed some more coffee, and carried on. I’ll wrap up soon and then the weekend can begin – whoop!
5) We had friends over last night to watch College Football and one dear lady brought her world-famous homemade veggie pizza – some of that was my breakfast today. Non traditional, yes, delicious, absolutely!
“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” – Allen Saunders
** What song makes you think of summer? Ever had a day off hi-jacked? How did you handle it? How’s your Labor Day forecast looking? **