Random 5 Friday is here again and wow – what a whirlwind it’s been. You should know that I’ve composed many posts in my head but I do believe random ramblings are all I’m capable of today 🙂
1) Packing. Moving. Sorting. Unpacking. Unmoving. Unsorting. I discovered a pattern: there wasn’t one. I’d been pretty organized ahead of it all and my guys did the heaving lifting. They did a great job grabbing boxes and putting them where they thought they should go. Awesome! That’s great till your first morning in your new house and you can find sweaters, socks and clothes for WINTER but can’t find lightweight dresses for SUMMER. GAH! I made it work but at my first meeting I probably looked like I dressed in the dark. Wonder if folks just think I have eclectic tastes?
2) Oldest boy is getting married in 2 weeks. 2 Weeks!! 2 minutes ago they got engaged. For more … read this post I wrote to her. With permission, it will be on display at the wedding! 🙂
3) It’s Canada Day today (!) and Independence Day Monday (!) – my 8th as a Citizen…. so much to celebrate! Hubbs is going to enjoy some golf, I’m going to unpack and cook and enjoy some down time with him out on the patio. You?
4) Working this morning then cleaning at the old house. I’ll scrub carpets, wash down walls, and pretty up the bathrooms. The house will go on the market next week – along with 3 others on our street! Thankfully it’s located in a desirable neighborhood with great schools and we’re in prime time to sell. Between you and me, I really hope a young family falls in love with it and I hope to God they get a dog. That house misses having a dog race downstairs in a thunderstorm, sniff the perimeters and cozy up to the fire. Our old dog Frankie can still be felt there and I like to think he’ll be part of the welcoming committee, especially once they spark up the grill!
5) 3 weeks has me flying home for a wedding & a visit with Mom. Years ago I bought her this picture and she hung it in her bedroom. It now hangs in my new house. She’d like that. I am looking forward to my nephew’s wedding and seeing everyone but mostly, I’m longing for time with her.
What are your plans this weekend? Have you ever shown up somewhere looking like you dressed in the dark? What random thought comes to mind when you hear the word, “moving?”
* * Happy Canada Day! Happy Independence Day! * *