“The Look” from the 4′ 10 1/2″ dynamo known as our Mother had the power to:
- Settle us down in Church,
- Silence us at 4-H, piano lessons or team practice.
- Threaten show tickets or a trip to the fair being revoked.
“The Look” had the ability to:
- Break up a fight in the back of the Olds as she cruised down the highway.
- Chide us silently,
- Remind us where manners lived,
- Tell us to “shut it” without saying a word and
- Get us to sit up straight without so much as a touch.
If you were lucky enough to have a Mother who wielded “the Look,” you were lucky indeed.
Happy Mother’s Day in Heaven to the world’s greatest Mom, mine.