It’s summer ~ we’re in the throes of the season now, temps hovering in the 90s with the % of humidity matching.
In no particular order are just some of the summer delights we’ve been savoring:
- Morning coffees on the patio
- Fireflies fluttering at dusk
- Strawberries, corn-on-the-cob and 7-Layer Salad
- Anything grilled ~ steak, chicken, shrimp and more
- Hubbs golfing later and me reading later, all to summer’s golden light
- A soft serve ice-cream, half chocolate & half vanilla, with half of it running down your arm
- Stray cat visits
- Kids playing in the sprinkler and Yellow finches mining my flowers
- Couples walking together and dogs walking owners
- The joy of a new book and the laziness of summer magazines
- The smell of fresh limes on my fingers after squeezing into a margarita, the kiss of summer on my shoulders and the tangle of beach waves in my hair
+ + + + + + +
“Summer, after all, is a time when wonderful things can happen to quiet people. For those few months, you’re not required to be who everyone thinks you are, and that cut-grass smell in the air and the chance to dive into the deep end of a pool give you a courage you don’t have the rest of the year. You can be grateful and easy, with no eyes on you, and no past. Summer just opens the door and lets you out.” -Deb Caletti, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart
Sunset on Lake Michigan
What have you indulged in this summer?
Categories: Attitude, Beauty, Faith, Family, Food, Fun, Gratitude, Growth, Holidays, Humor, Joy, Life, Opinion, Personal, Thoughts, Uncategorized, Writing
Tags: Deb Caletti, home, Honey Baby Sweetheart, life, living, no past, quotes, relaxation, seasons, summer, Summer just opens the door and lets you out, you can be grateful and easy
A while back, a blogging friend Dor, awarded me the “Sunshine Blogger Award” – this award is as special as sunshine on my shoulders, sunshine on my toes… Or saying my future’s so bright I just gotta wear shades!
Thank you Dor for your kindness & for including me. The rules are to do the following –
- Give a Big Hearty Thanks to the blogger who nominated you & link back to them (Check!)
- Answer the questions the other blogger asked you (See below)
- Nominate a host of others (rules suggest 8-11) but I’m just gonna leave this open whomever wants to play along and 😀
- List the rules/display the Sunshine Blogger Award on your site. (done)
Here are the questions Dor posed for me:
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Do you wish you were the other and why?
- Gemini ~ both, depends on the day and situation. I can work the room at a conference or cocoon myself away with my books ~ it all depends.
- Are you an animal lover? What pets do you have and love?
- Yes, no pets right now but our Grand-Dogs and a Stray Cat warm my ❤ regularly
- Who was your favorite teacher and why?
- Mr. Corbett; he was smart, strict and fun
- Have you ever had a bad habit you broke? What was it and how did you change it?
- I’ve stopped asking for permission to enjoy myself!
- What is your favorite place to relax? Explain where it is and why it helps.
- Home or outside / outside at home / the beach! I’m cozy at home and comfy outside, provided it’s not 95F+
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- One I watch every time it’s on is “Something’s Gotta Give.” ~sigh
- Do you love to travel or do you hate it? Why?
- Love to travel for vacation and I tolerate business travel.
- I love the coming & going, but I don’t love impatient flyers trying to fit a couch into the overhead compartment. Remember when flying used to be fun?
- Are you an organized or a disorganized person?
- Organized. My grocery list is typed in the order of the store. I admit it 😉
- Are you always late, early, or right on time? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to your timing?
- Always early. A disadvantage is that not everyone riding with me is ready on time!
- Do you create lots of blog posts in advance of publishing or do you do one at a time?
- What inspires you to create a blog post?
And here are your questions, friends:
- What’s a scent or fragrance that takes you back to summers as a child?
- What dessert item do you remember savoring at family reunions, parties or weddings?
- Name a song that makes you want to get up & dance.
- What ability do you wish you had and why?
- Who do you wish you could have a conversation with?
- And lastly, what are you looking forward to?
Categories: Animals, Attitude, Beauty, Blogging, Confidence at any age, Determination, Family, Food, Friendship, Fun, Growth, Home, Joy, Life, music, News, Opinion, Personal, Relationships, Seasons, Thoughts, Travel, Wisdom, Women
Tags: abilities, animals, Annie Lamott, bad habits, blogging, desserts, Diane Keaton, don't wait, early or on time, extrovert, family reunions, fragrances, fruits, home, imagination and radical silliness, introvert, Jack Nicholson, looking forward to, missing someone, movies, music, organized or not, pets, questions, relax, scents, Something's Gotta Give, songs, summer, sunshine blogger, teachers, travel