Coming back from running errands Friday afternoon I grabbed a glimpse into my past: someone carrying a basket of laundry into the laundromat. That image transported me back to my college and young adult years – the laundromat years ~ ugh!
Who else remembers trying to time a visit just right so as to secure an open machine? Wondering if you had enough quarters? Being tempted to just buy more underwear and towels …. And hoping and praying no one removed your stuff from the dryer before the dryer was done.
It made me realize how small comforts add up ~
- Coffee auto -brewing before I leave my bed.
- A meal simmering in the crock-pot.
- Stacks of books waiting for me to choose who’s up next.
- A good tune playing in the background …
- Check-ins from our sons, for advice, but just as often just to visit.
- Windows open, bees buzzing, birds chirping.
- And this one:
- Warm laundry, right out of the dryer, no trip to the laundromat needed. 😀
What small comforts are you enjoying today?