It’s Friday, the last Friday of October (what??) so it’s probably time for 5 randoms from my world.
1) Recently my job took me to Charlotte, N.C.; before my conference began I made time to visit the Billy Graham Library – the library sits on beautiful grounds. I found the opportunity to review his life’s work inspiring. When a volunteer offered to pray for me at the end of the tour I felt myself overcome with emotion ~ while the conference was eventful, that visit, and her prayers, were life-affirming.
- “I have never known a man who received Christ and ever regretted it.” – Billy Graham
2 ) Last Tuesday I turned on the out-of-office messages, walked away and managed to stay offline for over a week. It helped that I was visiting on family farms with 1 cell bar and limited broadband. Disconnecting so as to reconnect … ahh.
3 ) The November Primary is fast approaching ~ between Robocalls, political ads and door stuffers, we’re bombarded with information. Last night, the phone rang as the doorbell chimed ~ I answered the door to find two young and cheerful volunteers stumping for a Congressional candidate. Neither could answer my questions about the candidate’s position on various issues but the handout they gave me was a glossy full-color job. Maybe it’s me but if I were knocking on doors for someone I’d make sure I knew what they stood for.
- Stand your ground; it’s sacred.
4 ) On vacation I went to bed late, got up early, walked a lot, talked more and enjoyed some pie. No regrets.
- “Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.” ―
5 ) Visiting my childhood home again something jumped out at me: the moon. That big Harvest Moon. And not just the brightness but the nearness of it.
- Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth. -Buddha
* * * * * * * * *
I’m on vacation still and was wide awake at 5:30 this morning ~ Coffee up!
So, what’s new in your world?