It’s time for five random thoughts from the ever-swirling mind of yours truly.
1. I’m off to D.C. soon and last week, with the help of my Congressional office, I booked a guided tour of the U.S. Capitol. Normally you should book these tours months in advance … my schedule is jam-packed while I’m there. I took a chance and found there was one spot left on the afternoon I was available. Luck or fate? I’m going with a bit of both. And, if you don’t ask, the answer is already “no.” Just ask – who knows?
Isn’t she grand? VisittheCapitol.Gov
2. Last Thursday marked 7 years as a citizen. 7 years ago I obtained my 2nd passport and voted (here) for the first time. 7 years. Stepping forward, with 78 other hopeful new citizens, that moment – and the memory – is still goose-bump-worthy.
That’s me, holding the flag, and taking the Oath of Allegiance. An Emjayandthem(C) photo
3. I’ve been saying “Yes” as much as possible lately and enjoying what comes next. Last week I received an email from a long-time hero and mentor, Pat Katz. Pat, teen leader and champion from the 4-H days of my youth, now writer, speaker, motivator, coach, artist, and all around fabulous woman. She made a lasting impression on a young farm girl 36+ years ago and when we reconnected on Facebook, I felt like someone gave me the key to the cool kid’s club. She shared this quote below and encouraged me to continue saying yes – and mentioned how fun it would be to meet up the next time I’m in Saskatchewan. I immediately said yes – I’m going home for an August wedding and we’re grabbing a coffee and a hug at the airport arrival with my sissy Pat –and I’ll have my two favorite “Pats” in the same place – how sweet is that?
“Once you make up your mind and start something… Once you commit to it, say “Yes!” and never look back.
Do you have any doubt that I won’t rush to your side? That legions won’t be summoned? That players won’t be drawn to help, assist, and fall in love? That connections won’t be made? Circumstances won’t be crafted? Dots won’t be connected? That the course of history won’t be irrevocably changed?
Good, I didn’t think so.
I’d say you’re ready,”
– The Universe
4. This past week everything “popped” at once – not just Lilacs and other plants but the trees, too. I’m popping Claritin like candy … but is sure is green and lush and lovely. Spring has sprung!
Emjayandthem(C) ‘s lilacs
5. I don’t care who you are or where you’ve worked – we have all sat through that one long, boring meeting, speech or sermon and then …
What are you waiting to say “Yes” to? What would you try if you knew there was no way you could fail?
Have a great Wednesday, Peeps!