Crazy times we’re in ~ and that’s the understatement of the year! New buzz words pepper our vocabulary ~
- Mitigate spread
- Prepare, prepare , prepare
COVID-19. Pandemic. Confusion. Fear.
We are tucked in, with Hubbs battling a viral bug and me not far behind. We’re on the mend and thankful for a stocked pantry with enough paper products for a while ~ no hoarding here.
Self-care is foremost including:
- Hand-washing and cleaning
- Fluids and plenty of rest
- Slept 11 hours Friday and took a 2 hour nap Saturday
- As Mom would say, “You must have needed it”
- Reading, reading and reading
- Turning off news after a while, usually in evenings.
- It’s hard to sleep after all that.
- Updates bring more anxiety
- Moving around and stretching
- Laundry, washing jammies and sweatpants and blankies, because that’s what we’re using most
- Cooking a little, enjoying eggs, fruit, tea and toast
Sending good thoughts to all ~ We’re thankful our boys & their girls and all of our littles are well and at home.
Yep, we’re doing our best to “control our controllables” – and praying for patience for all ~
So ~ how are you doing? Be safe and please stay home!
Categories: Attitude, Faith, Family, fear, Home, Life, Love, News, Opinion, Personal, Thoughts, Uncategorized
Tags: anxiety, being home, coping, COVID-19, home, pandemic, quarantine, Reading, self-care, stress
December 31, 2019 ~ I woke to a darkened house, blanketed in quiet from the snow swirling down. It’s New Year’s Eve ~ and here we are on the cusp of a new month, a new year, a new decade.
Just like that.
When asked my resolutions for 2020 and I answered quickly – it’s simple, really. All I have to do is look back at the past 11 days off, and therein lives my answer.
In 2020 I’ll try my best to recreate that ~
- That feeling, as winter winds roar outside the windows and you lift your head up from reading for 4 hours straight, plowing through magazines and books without a care or a distraction, a deadline or a phone call.
- That feeling, stretching and waking gently, without the glaring jolt of an alarm.
- That feeling, when you listen to your body and move it a little more, haul the boxes and work up a sweat taking down and packing up and catch yourself smiling because it’s only 9:30 a.m. and you’ve been up for 3 hours already.
- That feeling, between two major holidays, when you’re not sure which day it is – is it a work day? is it a week day? And you have to consult the calendar to confirm. And laugh about it.
- That feeling when your sustenance consists of coffee, bacon, eggs, cheese, pickles and clementines.
Nope, no New Year/New You for me. Not this year. I’m gonna focus on finding more of that feeling denoted above.
- How are you ringing in the new year?
- Do you resolve to do things differently?
- Do you want more of what you already have?
“When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. When life is bitter, say thank you and grow.” —Shauna Niequist
Happy * New * Year *
Categories: Attitude, Blogging, Confidence at any age, Determination, Food, Growth, Holidays, Home, Humor, Joy, Life, News, Opinion, Personal, Self Discovery, Snarky, Thoughts
Tags: being home, Books, celebrations, contentment, cozy, holiday, home, meme, new year, New Year New Me, quotes, resolutions, Shauna Niequist, state of mind, thoughts, vacation, When life is sweet say thank you and celebrate. when life is bitter say thank you and grow, winter