It’s time for Random 5 Sunday on the first Sunday in December:
- Thanksgiving week vacation: I’ve never taken the whole week of Thanksgiving off. I’ve taken a day here and a day there. But never the whole week. And now, ladies & gents, I do believe I have a new tradition ~ whoop!
- Hallmark Channel Holiday movies. While on vacation, I watched at least 5 Hallmark Holiday movies – sometimes I only caught the tail end or the beginning. You have to admit, the plot is easy to predict most of the time – a beautiful young lass soured on love by a jerky boyfriend moves back to her home town only to bump into the world’s hottest handy-man while shopping for her daughter who it turns out only made 1 friend at school – the (widowed) hottie’s son … and in just a matter of weeks she finds the love of her life, saves a small town business, rescues kittens and puppies and all they live happily ever after, over hot chocolate in perfectly coordinated tartan jackets ~ sigh
- Naps – glorious, wonderful, and life-redeeming. Because we stayed on our “normal” schedule during our time off, just 1 nap was enough. Somehow I kept up on my rest. Went back to work wide-awake and refreshed. And good thing, because I clocked 800+ miles last week alone!
- Travel plans ~ Sissy and I are planning a “sister’s” getaway – we’ll likely revisit Branson, MO for a week of visiting, shopping, visiting, shows and fun. We’ve visited there once before, 10 years ago, when we took Mom for her 77th birthday. What a great time we had – and such a relaxed and friendly place to be. After our 3rd night Mom happily chirped, “You know, I’ve never stayed in a hotel this many nights and I’ve never gone out for every single meal!” We were girlfriends on this trip you see, more than mother and daughters. She loved the adventure and spoke of it many times with fondness. I know she’d love that we’re planning to go back.
- Christmas Spirit: I wasn’t really feeling any Christmas spirit heading into our Family Christmas party last night. The hustle and bustle and holiday ho-ho-hos didn’t do it. Lots of yummy foods, hugs and merriment didn’t do it. No – it was capturing this picture – of wee cousins (with our grands in the mix) at the exact moment they all cheered “SANTA CLAUS” – that’s what did it.
“He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” ― Roy L. Smith
What randoms would you like to share? Are you feeling the Christmas spirit yet?