It’s Friday and I’m feeling random – here we go!
Traveling this week and found 3 consistencies:
- “Carry-on” is a joke. Everyone carries a bag the size of a couch + at least one more thing.
- People smell. Most don’t mean to, some don’t care, but you just can’t jam that many people into such a tight place without experiencing breath that smells like a goat’s toenail.
- Babies cry on planes, their ears hurt, getting huffy about it doesn’t get us there any faster.
Also, I notice different things where-ever I go:
- More people, more noise. Everywhere. Inescapable.
- Visitors form a kinship with each other – in the nation’s Capitol the first tip-off are all the name badges, the second are that the people wearing them are the only ones visiting with each other, the “regulars” buzz by in a blur.
- Everyone has a story to tell; this week I traveled with a middle-aged lady and an elderly dog, an excited young family, a new father with a shared 4-H background, and an older gentleman with an elegant chapeau. Humanity, gotta love it.
Coming home I noticed the following:
- Long lines at McDonald’s; 0 at the salad bar
- $6.00 water, $5.00 apple juice and $4.00 bananas, see #1
- On the flight to Michigan, someone holding up their hand to point to where they’re from. Smiling. Home again.
“Wherever you go, you take yourself with you.”
― Neil Gaiman,
And how was your week? Any randoms to share?